Legal Operations/ Legal Managed Services
With increasing size, the organizational structure of multinational corporations becomes larger and more complex. This makes it more difficult to comply with the local legislation that applies to the particular business unit. In view of stricter regulatory requirements for corporate transparency, companies must always keep an eye on the status and development of their group structure.
Many companies recognize the advantages when compliance and governance tasks are in the hands of a single service provider and are implemented uniformly for all locations worldwide. This is where our teams come in.
What EY Law can do for you
Thanks to the combination of experienced legal advice from an integrated global network of local legal advisers on the one hand and innovative, technology-based services on the other, our legal operations team supports clients in mastering the change in a digitized business world.
We offer you a uniform model and platform for all legal processes for your legal department. In this way, you combine legal services (managed services) with the advice of our global network of legal specialists who are available worldwide to deliver consistent, high-quality and cost-effective solutions.
Our legal operations teams ensure the use of award-winning, industry-leading technology based on intelligent systems and data. This combines comprehensive quality, risk management and dashboard tools with a dedicated customer support team that understands your company’s culture, risk appetite and needs.
With the help of our legal operating model, companies can manage legal issues that come into the legal department through a leading procurement process. Work that requires legal advice is forwarded to the appropriate contact person – either fully automated, to external or to highly specialized consulting teams. In this way, it is easy for companies to manage all phases efficiently and effectively – from the first legal contact to completion, including the creation of documents.
With a new, advanced technology that supplements existing professional strengths and controls, our digital project management office increases the insight into ongoing processes and supports early risk detection and transparency via comprehensive live dashboards. In addition, we offer flexibility and adaptability with our model, as it extends to all legal tasks and other legal systems.
EY Legal Operations can support your corporate goals – this concerns e.g. B. the centralization, an optimization of the compliance and the dismantling of complex, recurring and standardized tasks in the legal area. Or use EY Legal Operations to better understand and control your legal expenses. As a component that is seamlessly integrated into your legal function, we can optimize risk management and assist in collecting and analyzing the right data for informed corporate decisions. This allows your employees to concentrate on important tactical and strategic tasks.
Better and quicker decisions thanks to the use of data.
- All instructions that reach your legal department would be complete, directly implementable and addressed to the responsible person, the team or to external third parties
- You could see at a glance all the issues that the legal department is working on internally and externally, as well as their status and risks
- Tasks that can be processed by the company itself would be done with the help of templates and clauses and controlled by the legal and risk functions with comprehensive testing competencies
- You would know the value of all purchase and sales contracts for the company, product, category, location, or supplier and customer
- You would know about all outstanding legal proceedings and their backgrounds
- You would know which rental contracts, customer contracts and supplier agreements will soon have to be extended
- You could have an overview of the development data of all legal activities and thus support the development of a lean and effective operating model for legal services
Legal IT Services
Legal Operations supports legal departments and related areas in assigning tasks of low, medium or high complexity to internal / external positions, as well as processing them themselves. As a rule, some tasks are also carried out by the responsible contact persons in our legal operations team.
Examples for this are:
- Contract lifecycle management We solve two core business and legal problems:
- Which contracts do we have, where are they, what do they contain and what is necessary to adapt them (examination of old obligations)?
- How can we turn the handling of contracts and obligations into a business unique selling proposition, including reduced contract execution time?
Our contacts can implement a technological solution (the same solution we use to provide outsourced contract management services to our customers) that your internal teams can use to cover the entire contract life cycle from customer inquiries to sales / purchasing activities and legal support and how to deal with obligations. In addition, there is the option of providing you with an external IT service team for implementation at a fixed price, which integrates seamlessly into the work of your employees and creates internal capacities so that your employees can concentrate on important tactical and strategic customer and supplier relationships again can.
- Contract localization services
Contract localization services resolve the typically fragmented approach companies take in the face of a global customer base and large volume of sell-side contracts, with frequent questions about local language and applicable laws. Contract localization services offer a technology-based approach that consolidates the contract and change process into a complete solution that combines a bespoke inbound process with a digital project management office (PMO) and the local expertise of EY Law. Contract localization services are a scalable one-stop-shop solution for translation, localization, project management and individual digital applications for cross-border contracts.
- Legal Compliance Services – Managed Services
Many companies are faced with the challenge of proving that their legal entities comply with the relevant requirements for secretarial compliance and reporting obligations. These specifications and obligations are subject to constant adjustments and updates and also differ depending on the country and area of responsibility. Multinational corporations are increasingly realizing that being limited to in-house teams in individual countries is neither practical nor efficient in order to obtain all the information required to comply with applicable regulations locally. Our managed services can help. Regardless of the organizational structure of your company, our employees offer you seamless Entity Management Services in order to set up your business areas well and protect them from fines and violations.
- Health checks
With our health checks, we check company data and the compliance status of all group companies. During this check, internal data is compared with data in public directories and legally specified records in order to coordinate all data sources. As a result, you will receive a risk assessment that identifies material and non-material risks and creates a detailed action plan. Our services are aimed primarily at clients with acquisition plans or complex organizational structures, as well as at companies that want to have a due diligence check carried out.
- Annual compliance
Our offer in connection with annual compliance takes into account all mandatory legal regulations such as:
- Support with all formalities relating to the annual financial statements Maintenance and documentation of company data Reminder of upcoming compliance dates Update of the internal legal entity management system Establishing compliance reporting in real time
- Ad hoc changes
We support you with routine changes such as the appointment and dismissal of managing directors, changes to the registered business address and the ownership structure, issuing and changes of powers of attorney or changes to the articles of association.
- Knowledge acquisition and training
Our knowledge platform offers clients a central point of contact for current and relevant global information on the subject of corporate compliance. Our training program helps board members and executives to understand the governance risks of subsidiaries