Compliance incidents often have serious negative consequences. There is a risk not only of fines and significant reputational damage for the companies concerned or sanctions for their bodies or employees, but also the termination of contracts by business partners, banks and insurance companies or the exclusion from participating in tenders.
What EY Law can do for you
Our teams use their expertise and experience to get you back on your feet after compliance violations. To avoid ending up there in the first place, our lawyers are also on hand to help you identify and assess company-specific compliance risks. On the basis of a corresponding risk analysis, we work with you to determine the extent to which there is potential for optimization with regard to existing company structures (e.g. guidelines, training, reporting, audit and IT authorization concepts, whistleblower systems, ICS or internal auditing).
- Analyzing the general legal framework of an organization
- Developing an effective corporate compliance structure
- Implementation of compliance management systems
- Advising internal compliance officers
- Developing guidelines for good corporate governance
- Advice with respect to the implementation of the Federal (Public) Corporate Governance Code
- Advising corporate bodies on compliance obligations and questions of liability
- Developing and running training courses, seminars and workshops for employees (in particular with respect to anti-corruption, capital markets and competition law)
- Implementation of compliance reporting systems (hotlines)
- Legal assistance in the course of internal investigation procedures