Compliance incidents often have serious negative consequences. There is not only a risk of fines and significant reputational damage for the companies concerned or sanctions for their corporate bodies or employees, but also the termination of contracts by business partners, banks and insurance companies or the exclusion from participating in tenders.
What EY Law can do for you
Our teams use their expertise and experience to get you back on your feet after compliance violations. To make sure to avoid compliance incidents in the first place, our lawyers are also on hand to help you identify and assess company-specific compliance risks. On the basis of a corresponding risk analysis, we work with you to determine the extent to which there is potential for optimization with regard to existing company structures (e.g. guidelines, training, reporting, audit and IT authorization concepts, whistleblower systems, ICS or internal auditing).
- Analyzing the general legal framework of a company
- Establishing an effective corporate compliance structure
- Advising compliance officers
- Developing guidelines for good corporate governance
- Advising corporate bodies on compliance obligations and questions of liability
- Developing and running training courses, seminars and workshops for employees
- Establishment of compliance reporting systems (hotlines)
- Legal assistance for internal investigation procedures