In today’s fast-paced business environment, many companies are taking advantage of market changes to expand through acquisitions. The transactions are becoming more and more complex. Therefore, investors need legal advice in order to design deals optimally.
What EY Law can do for you
Companies are increasingly targeting economies of scale with mergers and acquisitions. You need efficient and effective processes both for the time immediately after the deal and for the takeover process itself.
We not only use the legal expertise of our lawyers, but also combine this with our economic and tax know-how and our in-depth advisory skills. This enables us to quickly and securely answer a large number of questions that a single transaction can raise.
We have the right specialist knowledge for every transaction and, if required, also cover specialist areas such as antitrust law, labor law, environmental laws, intellectual property rights, tax law and many other aspects. We will accompany you safely to the end.
Accurate evaluation of potential transactions is more important than ever.
We support you with comprehensive advice on topics such as the following:
- Carve-outs and spin-offs
- Transaction structures and negotiations
- Auctions and process documentation
- Due diligence on the buyer and seller side
- Liabilities and equity commitment
- Purchase contracts for stocks and assets
- Participation and shareholder agreements
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Financing Service agreements and similar arrangements within the company
- Consultations with the union and works council
- Approvals of takeovers or mergers under control law
- Transaction closings and subsequent reorganizations
- Advice on takeover law and representation before the takeover commission and the financial market supervisory authority
We advise start-ups, business angels, venture capital funds as well as institutional and strategic investors in all areas of venture capital. Founders benefit from our expertise from the establishment of a company to its financing and exit. We support young growth companies in designing investment structures that make sense in terms of corporate and tax law, as well as implementing (virtual) investments and other incentive programs. We advise venture capitalists throughout the entire investment, from legal due diligence to negotiating participation and shareholder agreements, joint ventures and convertible loans to IPOs and other exit transactions of all kinds. Thanks to our international and interdisciplinary orientation, we operate comprehensively and from a single source.
In the investment business, value is not created in a day. We therefore advise you beyond the actual acquisition and support you with advice and operational support so that you meet the constantly changing requirements of your own business and that of your portfolio companies – from entry to exit. In addition to legal due diligence in line with the market, our experienced team will also advise you on the preparation and negotiation of transaction documentation Together with the private equity specialists and industry teams from the other EY service lines, we offer you a comprehensive and coordinated service and support you with technical and industry-specific know-how in buy-out transactions, recapitalizations or exit transactions. We always keep an eye on the success of your private equity investment. Because quality is our top priority.
We advise you on possible merger controls from a legal point of view, regardless of whether the transactions are national or transnational.
Our legal support includes the following:
- We carry out strategic analyzes in order to identify possible problem areas and, if necessary, to examine sales.
- Cross-border analyzes: We take a close look at the legal systems of different countries – regardless of where transactions are to take place.
- We analyze market boundaries in order to identify possible hurdles. Our lawyers work closely with economic experts and specialists from other disciplines.
- We create a concept that includes key messages, possible problems and specific regional aspects.
- We advise you on the cooperation with different partners, create confidentiality agreements or similar regulations with you for a clear and secure cooperation and examine measures to avoid so-called gun jumping violations in the course of negotiations.
- We work together with the responsible authorities: from the preliminary coordination through the registration to the conclusion of the procedure.
- If necessary, we can support you in sales processes, for example by calling in trustees for sales and takeovers.
Our lawyers work closely with our specialists from other fields in order to always be able to offer you integrated and multidisciplinary solutions.